The 90th Kansas FFA Convention wrapped up after the strike of the final gavel tap of the seventh session. The entire convention was a blue and gold spirited three days. Here is the rundown of the final session.
A final performance by the talented members of the state FFA band and the state FFA chorus filled the session with incredible sounds.
Eli Ohlde delivered the state president’s retiring address. Read the speech “A Sound Investment.”
The Triple Crown awards were presented with Udall FFA placing third, Ellsworth FFA placing second, and Chapman FFA winning first and taking home the Bob Garlow Memorial Trophy.
The Stars over Kansas Pageant highlighted the district winners vying for the title of 2018 Kansas FFA Star.
- Emily Glenn from the Scott City FFA Chapter was named the 2018 Kansas Star in Agribusiness
- Ryan Stewart from the Washington County FFA Chapter was named the 2018 Kansas Star in Ag Placement
- Natalie Hawkins from the Atwood FFA Chapter was named the 2018 Kansas Star Farmer
The Kansas FFA Alumni recognized the 2017-18 State FFA Office Team for their year of service.
The 2018-19 Kansas FFA Officer team was elected by the convention delegates.
- Sentinel–Garrett Craig, Clay Center FFA chapter
- Reporter–Miranda Depenbusch, Udall FFA chapter
- Treasurer–Kristin Isle, Coffeyville FFA chapter
- Secretary–Scuyler Zenger, Washington County FFA chapter
- Vice President–Michael Dowd, Spring Hill FFA chapter
- President–Max Harman, Inman FFA chapter
Finally, the past Kansas FFA state officers were honored and the installation of the new state officer team took place.
What’s left to say about 90th Kansas FFA Convention? A big thank you, that’s what! Thank you for attending, thank you for supporting, and thank you for you making the 90th Kansas FFA unforgettable.
Relive the seventh session: https://youtu.be/wY81Z_NwCj8
Photos from the session: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ksffa/albums/with/72157696254595885
Questions? Contact [email protected]